Saturday, March 26, 2011

Change...

I have never ever been a fan of change. I actually hate it. I really do not like going outside of my comfort zone and making my life different. I did not want to graduate from high school and move away from my parents house, but once I did and got situated down in Cedar City I began to love it. Some change can be good, but I just hate the process of it all.

It is time for a big change in my life, and I am not sure how I feel about it. After living in Stadium Way for 4 years in the same room, I will be moving to a different part of town. This is a big change for me, I have only moved once in my life. I love my apartment here, but I am now one of the oldest ones, and I am not liking it. Danielle, Ashleigh, and I just signed a 1 year lease on a very cute apartment! Getting a grown-up apartment is a lot different and more difficult that I ever thought it was going to be. It was pretty stressful but I think we will be happy with our decision. We will be living on the north side of town, so that means that I will have to wake up even earlier to get to school. That wont be fun, but we will finally be away from all the freshmen!

So now that I actually have to move, I have to start thinking about packing. For the average college student they usually move after the school year, but me I have been in the same room for 4 years, and I have acquired so much stuff...It's actually kind of sickening! I have started to go through a couple of things and it has already been quite a job. The sad part is that I have not even hit the tip of the ice burg! We get to move in on the 1st of May, that gives me the whole week of finals week to move, the only problem is that finals week is stressful enough, and I will be busy at work with one of the busiest holidays of the year: Mothers Day. So I hope I can get a lot of stuff packed before hand, I just do not know where to begin! I need to get rid of a bunch of stuff. The D.I. will love me!

So with the addition of moving, comes another huge change in my life...GRADUATION!!! Now it wont be till next year, but ready or not in just over a year I will once again put on that cap and gown and be done with school at SUU. (Unless I get a wild hair and decide to go to grad school here, but not likely) I need to talk to my councilor to hash out all the details, but I know that I can finish my degree within a year. Now since I can't really do much with my degree so I have been thinking what I really want to do with the rest of my life. I have come to the conclusion that I would like to do something in criminal justice. I don't know what I will end up doing, but I think that is where I want to end up someday. Maybe in the job that would give my parents a heart attack, but I am keeping that one a secrete for now. I know I will have to go to more school for it, but I would rather do something worth while and that I know I would love and be happy, then do something that would make me miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment